Its very popular road side snack in Mumbai.We love specially from 'Tibbs frankies',they have many varieties.Back in my Chennai times,me and my brother had them as our dinner many time !!! His favorite was always mutton and mine Chicken tikka !!
Well,now coming to my this post....i tried to replicate the spice mix which Tibbs use in their frankies. and thankfully i got 90% success ! Usually i made them with leftover chicken or mutton.Many time Pankaj Purposely leave some pieces in dinner to get these as his next day snack :) You can make specially for these,if going to make them for many people.
If you gonna make chicken.Make any of your favorite dry chicken masala.Here i am gonna tell all other details of this dish.
1Cup Fine Flour(Maida)
2Cup Chicken/Mutton(any dry dish,prefer chicken/mutton masala)
1 Onion(medium size)
2 Green Chilies
Salt to taste
2-3 tbsp Oil
Powder spice mix:
1tbsp Cumin seeds
1tsp Red chili powder
1/2tsp Dry mango powder
1/2tsp Coriander powder
1/2tsp Garam Masala
1/2tsp Black Salt powder
- Take flour and pinch of salt in bowl,make a well in middle and crack 1egg in it.Mix slowly and make soft dough of it.use little water if its too stiff.Keep the dough for rest arround 10 minutes.
- Chop the onion and green chilies finely and soak them in vinegar.
- Roast the cumin seeds,grind.Mix all powdered spices in a bowl and it ready to go.
- Heat the chicken/mutton super hot.Whisk remaining egg thoroghly in separate bowl and keep aside.
- Make 5-6 balls from the dough.Roll one like chapati thin.
- Spread some oil on flat pan over heat.Transfer the chapati on it.Cook it for 2-3 minutes on one side.Flip it to other side.Now spread 1tbsp of whisked egg over it and flip it again carefully.Cook it for another 2 minutes.
- Remove Chapati from heat and place on plane surface.Place some chicken/mutton over it in middle.Top it with some vineger dipped chilies-onions.Sprinkle 1/2tsp of spice powder and roll it carefully.Seal one end with the help of some foil.
- Make other 5 and Serve hot.
# If your chicken or mutton have little bit of gravy,don't worry.it will make frankies juicy !
## After rolling it,seal one end with the help of some foil sheet so that no juice leaks out while eating them.
### You can make extra spice mix and store in air tight container for long time.
Sent to Event: