Tapioca i.e sago or sabudana in hindi..pancakes,parathe or thalipeeth.....Whatever u wanna call it,the taste will remain same ! ;) I was having a packet of sabudana in my cupboard from navratri time..n after having khichdi of it for 9 consecutive days of fasting its complete no-no for me to have it again...n also i needed to make something which Pankaj can have as breakfast without knowing its sabudana in that..
So,finally came up with this pancake idea as it consist way too less oil than those deep fried fritters !!!(though i like them too :P ) I made them today in morning for him and he had them all without complaining !! So,i take it as victory for me.
3 Boiled Potatoes
1tbsp Whole Wheat flour
1 Green Chili
2tbsp Green Coriander leaves
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
Salt to taste
- Wash tapioca and soak in 1/2cup water overnight.
- Mash boiled potatoes with tapioca finely.Add chopped onion,chili,coriander,cumin seeds and salt,mix well.
- Add flour and kneed it as dough.
- Take 2 plastic sheet or foil. Grease it with little oil.
- Take 1 sheets of plastic of foil.Put 2tbsp of dough on it and place another plastic/foil piece over top of it.
- Press gently and make 1"thick round shape like chapati.
- Heat non stick pan and spread some oil on it.
- Carefully place the pancake on it with the help of plastic.
- Fry both side on medium heat with little oil for 5minutes.
- Serve hot with some dipping sauce,chutney or simply with tea.
# Make sure you use very little pressure while spreading the dough in plastic sheet otherwise it will be too flat to transfer on pan and ll break too.
## You can use ghee/butter instead of oil and in more quantity..it will make pancake crispier.
### Can add chili flacks,kari patta or garam masala.