I was having date roll recipe idea in my mind.Yesterday i finally decided to give it try..But i don't know from where it turned into Date Marbles.. (it took me quite a while to decide the name )They turned out very nicely and surely worth trying !
1Cup All purpose Flour
3 tbsp Butter
2tbsp Coco powder
4-5 drops Vanilla Essence
pinch of salt
1/2Cup Cold Water
- Remove seeds from dates and stuff the each cavity with some khoya.
- Sieve flour,salt and cornflour together in bowl.Mix in butter with light hand till mixture resemble bread crumbs.Mix in sugar. Divide the mixture into half.
- Take one half of mixture and mix in coco powder.in another mixture add few drops of vanilla essence.
- Now make soft dough from both mixture separately.You may not require all water.
- Roll white dough in a log shape.Similarly roll the brown dough too in same length.Now stick both and roll again.This way you will get a log hald brown-half white in colour.
- Cut the log in 15 equal pieces.
- Take one piece at a time,spread with your hand and carefully place date in center and cover (like kachori),roll it in bit cylindrical shape.
- Repeat the same process and make 15 date rolls.
- Bake them for 25 minutes on 160'C in preheated oven.Let it cool down.
- Date Marbles are ready.Store them in airtight container.
# You can make full vanilla or full chocolate rolls if you want..I just made half-half to give nice color as well as taste.
## You can try different flavors like coffee or coconut etc.