I got this recipe from some show on NDTV Good-Times while back....Did some changes as per our palate and its was totally worth try . Its got very subtle flavors and creamy texture..For richer version you can use all milk instead of water.Surely gonna make it again.
1 Kg Chicken(prefer boneless)
2 Onions(finely chopped)
1tsp Ginger(finely chopped)
1tsp Garlic(finely chopped)
3 Whole Red chilies
2 Black Cardamoms
1tsp Fennel Seeds
1/2tsp Cumin Seeds
2tbsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves(Kasuri methi)
1 Cup Milk
1tsp Turmeric powder
1tsp Coriander powder
1/2tsp Garam Masala powder
Salt to taste
- Marinade chicken with turmeric,salt,garam masala powder and yoghurt and keep aside.
- Heat oil in deep pan,Saute in onion,ginger,garlic with whole spices.Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1Cup water and bring it to boil.Add crushed fenugreek leaves.
- After 5 minutes mix in marinated chicken with all marinade and milk.
- Let it simmer on medium heat till chicken is tender.
- Finally add cream and extra 1tsp Fenugreek leaves.Close the lid for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or chapati.
# You can drizzle some cream while serving.