Frankly speaking i m not a very valentine person,this cake is just a result of push from my dear friend Heena ! So,this post m dedicating to this fantastic lady Heena !
This cake is really special in other way too....its flour less,its steamed instead of baked and last but not the least,its custard as frosting !!! Yea yea i know its bit too much to digest but it turned out really soft-soft moist and packed of flavors !
I baked biscuit cake several times,this time i tried steamed version..Cake turned out pretty moist and light ! Although i love icing,i always run away from them due to high butter n sugar content..thatswhy i tried supar thick custurd as icing i voila,this made the cake even more moist n melt in mouth !! ...For Valentine sake,i made it in layers, Pink & Yellow and sprinkle icing sugar in heart shape !!
Happy Valentine's Day Friends !!!
3Cup Marrie Biscuits powder
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Oil/Butter
1/2tsp Baking powder(i used double action)
1tbsp Mixed Fruit Jam
Pinch of Red/Pink Color
2Cup of Thick Chocolate Custurd
1/4Cup Rich Instant Coffee(1tsp+water)
- Whisk sugar and butter untill its fluffy.Mix in eggs and whisk again for 2-3 minutes.
- Add biscuit powder with milk and mix properly.Finally mix in baking powder.
- Divide batter into 2 parts.In one part mix color and jam.
- Grease two different dishes,spread each batter in each dish.
- Steam on high heat for 5 minutes than on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool down before d molding.
- You will get 2 cakes.Cut each in half(horizontally) to make 2 dish from each.
- Now Prepare custard.
- Place 1 layer on plate,sprinkle coffee then spread 2 tbsp of hot chocolate custard over(leaving inch on edges).Carefully place second layer at top of it(don't press).Follow same procedure and make 4 layers.On top and sides spread custard with light hands.
- Pop it in fridge for atleast 3-4 hours.
# You can make simple chocolate cake too,by just adding 3tbsp cocoa powder in whole batter and simply steam it for 30 minutes.