I was looking for a recipe of bars which contains almost no sugar n actually packed with nutrients..Most of the store brought energy bars are actually sugar bars !! i recently read in n article about how companies hide sugar in fancy words like corn syrup,dried fruits,malt,cane etc..its terrifying.
After doing many hit n trial (some failed miserably :P) i finally zeroed to this one ! it has home made peanut butter n dates as binding agent instead of sugar or any syrup. n the bonus is,it doesn't require any oven !! I used ample of dry fruits with oats which satisfies the evening hunger pangs very easily.
I cut them in bar shape n wrapped them in wrappers,kept in airtight container n stored in fridge.This way they were good to go for atleast 2 weeks.Also by this way it becomes very ideal as grab n run morning breakfast :)
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1.5 Cup chopped Dry fruits
3/4 Cup Finely Chopped dates
1/2 Cup Rice crispies
1 Cup Quick Oats
2 tbsp Honey(optional)
- Coarsely ground half of the oats.
- Line a square pan with aluminium foil.
- Take all dry ingredients in a bowl together,
- In a deep sauce pan heat peanut butter with honey on very low heat.Once its melted mix in dated n remove it from after few seconds.
- Immediately pour this super hot gooey mixture over dry ingredients and mix properly.(be fast here)
- Spread above mixture on lined foil and press with the help of back of spoon.
- Keep i fridge for at least 3-4 hrs.It ll firm up.
- Cut in desired shape n store in air tight container.
# You can use any nuts and dried fruits.
## melting peanut butter is bit tricky,make sure flame is at lowest.
### any essence can be use too.