Pancakes are always in my prime list to try from starting..i even tried couple of versions... N i admit,i can't stand the egg smell in-spite of fluffy n light texture...Finally came with my this recipe which is simply perfect without any eggs!!!
These are really got very rich coconut flavor in them which makes them strictly for coconut lovers.
I made some of it in sweeter version by mix nuts and extra powdered sugar for his after lunch dessert and loved the surprise ! :)
1Cup All purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Coconut (shredded)
1.5 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1Cup Coconut Milk/Milk
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
1 tbsp Coconut oil/Oil
- Grind coconut with spices and sugar together for few seconds.
- Take flour in a bowl and mix in coconut mixture.
- Make thick batter using milk,than mix in coconut oil/oil.
- Finally mix in baking powder and baking soda.
- Heat the non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Brush some butter on pan.pour 1 full ladle of batter in center(don't spread),let it spread by its own.
- Let it cook till edges look cooked and top changes the color(will take about 2 minutes).Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Top it with any syrup or honey and fruits,serve.
# You can use butter instead of oil.don't use salt in that case.