Last year i baked cakes.. ALOT !! So,this year i am just planning to take break with that...but its like addiction now to bake every now n then,may be i become bake-maniac ;)..
So,today my hand were dying to prepare the cake mix,but brain was arguing to make something healthy..first started with Carrot cake..than carrot whole wheat cake..then suddenly mind suggested why not try carrot savory cake !! So,i opened my fridge to get some carrot and again...there was whole bunch of vegetables...So,finally,i end up with this Mix-Veg Savory Cake !!! To make it lighter i thought of using semolina+whole wheat flour instead.
Very light in texture but so- so filling that make them ideal breakfast or on the go snacks..You can also store them in air-tight container for 2-3 days..
I prepared pancake from the leftover batter and it turned out nice light n fluffy snack.i simply spread some on ketchup on top and had it like roll.. :P ..so next time i ll make them for our breakfast for sure.
2/3Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1tsp Baking powder
1/4tsp Baking Soda
1.5Cup Mix Veggies(corn,carrot,peas,onion,Broccoli)
2 Spring Garlic/Garlic pod
Pinch of Ginger(grated)
1tbsp Green Coriander
1tsp Musturd seed+Cumin seeds
4-5 Kari leaves(optional)
Pinch of Chili flacks1tsp oil
- Soak semolina in curd and water for 10minutes.
- Heat 1tsp oil in pan.fry cumin-musturd seeds,garlic(chopped),garlic and kari leaves for few seconds than mix in all veggies and cook for another 2-3 minutes.Remove from heat and keep aside.
- even though i do'nt have oven yet ! (Thanks to my engineer instinct,i can adjust temprature of cooker for baking cookies,pies,cake etc :P )
- Seive flour,baking powder and baking soda together and mix in semolina mixture.
- Beat egg lightly with butter and mix in above mixture.
- Finally fold in veggies,chili flacks and salt.
- Pour the batter in greased baking pan(6-8 inch)
- Bake for 40minutes(or untill it passes toothpick test) in preheated oven on 175'C.
- Let it rest for 10minutes before cutting and serving.
- Serve with green chutney,ketchup or simply with Tea/coffee.
# Use veggies as per your liking.
## You can make eggless version too.just dont use egg..It will just make your cake bit dense but taste will not be compramised.