If you go on research for rum ball recipe,you will get two types,one uses biscuits(which i already posted in past,click here for recipe) another cake crumbs.But the common thing is condense Milk which works as binding ajent..Following Rum balls recipe don't require this !
On Xmas Pankaj asked for these but my kitchen was running with condensed milk..Finally came up with this idea and believe me it turned out even better than normal rum balls..these were so soft and cocolaty !!
If you wanna make simple chocolate balls,just replace rum with instant coffee in half of quantity.
3Cups Crushed Rum/Chocolate/Vanilla Cake
1/3 Cup Rum
1/2Cup Coconut powder
1tbsp Coco Powder
1/2Cup Dark Choco chips
- Crush the cake in very small crumbs.
- Soak the chopped raisins in rum for 2-3 hours.
- Heat a pan and add cream,milk,sugar and bring to boil.Remove the heat and add choco chips and coco powder,mix well untill chips get melted.
- Mix in rum with soaked raisin properly.
- Finally add crumbled cake and coconut.Mix properly.
- Wet your hand with some water and make 10-12 balls from the mixture when its still warm.
- You can roll balls in shredded coconut,melted chocolate or sprinkles.
- Keep it in fridge for few hours before serving.
#Taste best after day of making.
##Adjust the sugar as per your taste buds.