I heard of this dish name from quite a while..finally made this some days back and become star of my home menu.Traditional version use ghee to prepare this but i ditched and make in musturd oil and added ghee while serving which given nice aroma..You can use same amount of ghee instead of oil for richer version.
Many people use only bengal gram lentil but i prefer equal mixture of 3 lentils.So,here is my version of Dal Gosht.....
1 Cup Lentils (masoor+chana+arhar)
2-3 Green Chilies
2tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste(prefer fresh)
1tbsp Fresh Garam Masala
2tsp Coriander powder
1tsp Turmeric powder
1.5tsp Chili powder
Salt to taste
2tbsp Musturd Oil
2tbsp Green coriander leaves
- Soak mixed lentils in water for 30 minutes.
- Make paste of 1 onion and tomatoes separately.
- Heat oil in deep pan.Fry the 2 onions(finely chopped) till turns brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and all powdered spices.Saute till oil comes on top.
- Add mutton and fry on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add salt,tomato paste,green chilies and soaked lentils.
- Add 2-3cups of water and let it simmer till its fully cooked and oil comes on top.(for arround 40 minutes)
- Finally garnish with green coriander leaves and ghee.Serve hot !
# You can sprinkle some freshly made garam masala while serving.
## Add water as per your liking.adjust salt and spice accordingly.