Yesterday i was ging through my chicken recipe folder for some thing rustic n new flavors and came up with andhra style chicken curry... i made some changes and turned into absolute delish dish which any chicken lover will go gaga over it !! i don't believe why i never made this before .....
So without any further chit chat,here is my andhra style chicken curry :
1 Kg Chicken
2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
2 tbsp Vinegar
20-25 Kari Leaves
5-6 Whole Red Chilies(deseeded)
1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder(optional)
2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
Salt to taste
3 tbsp Mustard Oil
1 tbsp Sambhar Masala
- Marinade chicken with vinegar,sambhar masala,1tsp Turmeric and 1tsp salt for atleast 2-3 hour.
- Roast cinnamon,clove,cumin and black pepper on low heat for 2 minutes.Roast 10-15 kari leaves separately for few seconds or till it turns crispy yet green.Cool them down and make fine powder.
- Make paste of ginger-garlic paste with powder spices and whole red chilies.
- Heat oil in heavy bottom pan.Add finely chopped onion with kari leaves and mustard seeds.Saute till onion turns pink than add finely chopped tomatoes,close the lid and let the tomatoes get mushy(for around 5 minutes) on low heat.
- Add ginger-garlic paste with all powder spices and fry on low heat till oil get separated at edges.
- Mix in the marinated chicken and let it cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Add 1.5 Cup water,bring it to boil.Turn heat low again and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- At this point oil will come on top and chicken will be tender.Finally sprinkle ground spice powder and mix well.Let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with bread of your choice or even rice.
# Make sure you don't over roast the spices(edges must not turn black) otherwise it will give bitter taste to gravy.
## Adjust gravy as per your liking.
### If you like hot gravy than don't deseed the chilies.