Its authentic Bengali Dessert which is basically another version of Gulab Jamun..Main difference between these two is that in Pantua Cottage cheese(Paneer) is main ingredient where in Gulab Jamun its Khoya..
Paneer gives it a grainy texture inside with firm outer layor..I made this first time..Also i was out of Khoya so tried it with milk powder....Which is suprisingly turned very nice !
1 Cup Cottage cheese(Paneer)
1/2 Cup Milk powder
2tbsp All purpose flour
1/4tsp Baking powder
Oil/Ghee for deep frying
- Mash panner untill it like paste.Now mix in baking powder and milk powder.mash untill well incorporated and light.
- Mix in flour and make soft dough.(its ok if dough is bit sticky)
- Boil sugar and water to make thick sugar syrup.Add 2 Cardamom powder and 1 clove.Keep aside.
- break remaining cardamom seeds and keep ready.
- Take 1 tbsp of dough in your hand place 2-3 cardamom seed in center and cover.Make round or log shape and keep aside.Similarly make all balls.
- Heat oil/ghee and reduce the heat to low.Carefully slide 4-5 balls into oil.Fry for 5-6 minutes untill its golden brown.
- Remove from oil and directly immerse it in warm syrup.
- Leave all the balls in syrup for 4-5 hours.
- Take out at the time of serving.
# Prefer home made paneer and the liquid must be squeezed out thoroughly.
## You can skip filling the center with cardamom seeds.