i prepared this couple of months ago,just after i tried my Cinnamon pull apart bread..i just wanted to try something interesting and different taste..i heard of monkey bread over internet.i think the name if because you can just pick up the pieces from bread like monkey ...all of them were having similar flavors..but i wanted to make it with something new...Finally dared to come up with this which turned out simple delight for any coconut lover !
So here is my very own recipe of Coconut monkey bread..i used same recipe for bread dough i used in cinnamon bread..i also sprinkled leftover coconut sugar on top witch gave a really nice crust ! So,just go ahead and try this out...
2 Cup All Purpose Flour1/2 Cup + 2 tbsp Sugar(granual)
1 tsp instant Yeast
1/4 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
1tbsp Milk powder(optional)
1/2+1tbsp Cup Coconut(powdered)1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
1/4Cup +1tbsp Butter
- Soak yeast with 2 tbsp sugar in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Heat milk with 1tbsp of butter untill butter just get melted.Let it come on room temperature than mix it with yeast mixture.
- Mix Flour with milk powder,1 tbsp coconut powder and salt in a bowl.Make a well in center and pour some of water milk liquid in it.Make rough dough by adding liquid gradually.
- Whisk the egg and add it in the dough and mix it using spatula.It will take some time to get incorporated with dough.Finally you will get a sticky dough.
- Using oily hand just keep it in a greased bowl and leave it with close lid for couple of hour.
- Mix together powdered sugar,coconut powder and cardamom powder in bowl.
- Melt the butter in bowl and heat untill it turn into light brown in color.
- After 2-3 hour dough will be soft and not at all sticky.Knead it for few minutes.
- Pull out the small rough chunks from dough and keep aside.
- Grease the baking dish.
- Now take one dough chunk,brush it with butter then roll it over coconut sugar mixture.Place it in baking dish.similarly do it with all remaining chunks and place over each other in baking dish.sprinkle remaining coconut sugar mixture on top of it.
- Leave it on room temperature for next 15 minutes.
- Bake it for 40 minutes in preheated oven on 175'C.
- Let it rest for at least 2 hour before serving.
#May be i ll try it with coconut oil for even more intense flavor !
## Use sugar as per your sweet tooth.