Unlike every month,this time i am last to submit my entry....but still i am happy that atleast i managed to prepare it.
After couple of fail attempt (first 2-3 actually turned out like halwa ) i managed to make them pretty perfectly !!
After having it I felt like,this sweet pancake is actually a reply for our North's Pua (which is sweet flour batter,deep fried..have crispy at edges and soft in center) !!
1/2 Cup Boiled Rice
1/2 Cup Raw Rice
1 tbsp Urad Dal
4-5 tbsp Jaggery/Palm Sugar(grated)
2-3 tbsp Water
3-4 tbsp Ghee
- Soak Rice and dal separately for 2 hours.
- Make fine paste of boiled rice,soaked rice and dal with 3-4 tbsp water.
- Boil jaggery and water together to get thick syrup.Strain and mix it into rice-dal batter.
- Batter must be runny but not very thin.
- Heat non stick pan.Grease the bottom with little bit of ghee.
- Pour a laddle full batter in center and tilt the pan to make dosa like pancake.
- Low the heat and let it cook till you get brown edges.
- Carefully remove from pan using wooden spatula.
- Serve as it is or with honey.
# I folded it when it was still hot.it will become crispy once get cool down.