i come home just for 5-6 days...again i have to buy stuffs just for these few days and have to sort out all leftovers before leaving again....i usually store several kinds of dry fruits,juices etc for Pankaj whenever i go on my trips..This time he left all the dates as it is as i left them in box..so now i had a task to finish them of before leaving....What can we make with them in so less time ??? Can go for date Loaf..BUT i don't have eggs and butter !!! So what i can try my hands on eggless loaf !!
Taddaaa.... rightnow its in my pressure cooker baking to perfection :) (yea u heard right,baking in pressure cooker)
I personally don't like dates chunks in my loaf or cakes..but if you like feel free to add some in yours with nuts :) While mixing my ingredients i just noticed a half packet of chocolate stones and threw some in final batter !
You can spread some chocolate spread like me to make your slice even more sinful !!
1.2 All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup D seeded Dates
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking powder
1/4 Cup Oil
1/4 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Milk
1/8 tsp Nutmeg + Cinnamon powder
2 tbsp Chocolate chunks(optional)
- Take sugar,water,dates in a pan and place it over heat.Cook till dates turn mushy and soft.
- Remove from heat,add milk,oil and baking soda in it.Mix properly.Let it cool down than blend it into paste.
- Sieve flour with baking powder and spice powder together twice in a bowl.
- Mix date paste into flour make thick batter.(you can add bit of water if its too thick)
- Finally mix in crushed almonds and chocolate chunks(if using).
- Bake on 180'C for 30 minutes,check with knife.
- Let it cool down before cutting.
# You can use other nuts too.
## Don't make batter too runny otherwise nuts will sink into the bottom.