For me nothing is better then cooking for loved one in my very own kitchen ! No matter where it is,how messy it... ! This i realized after leaving my home for indefinite time.. Yesterday i came back for few days again and straight away i went into my kitchen ... and my heart whispered..honey u r home
So,we decided to celebrate my small time at home with some favorite dinner and some wine ! And mind you when it comes to our special dinner,it surely gonna be non-veg and i love to experiment with them....
This time i decided to make something bit light with spices but loaded with freshness...as it really hot in here ( can u believe it 47 'C in North India !! )
Taddaaaa..here is my very own Mint Chicken in creamy Sauce ! We thoroughly enjoyed it (as both of us simply love mint flavor) and m damn sure you will too Just try it once and you will be amazed with the tangy yet subtle taste!
1tsp Ginger paste
1/2Cup Mint leaves
1/4Cup Coriander leaves
5 Green Chilies
1tbsp Vinegar/Lemon juice
2 Black Cardamoms
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
7-8 Black Pepper
1" Cinnamon Stick
1tsp Turmeric powder
1/2tsp Coriander powder
1/2tsp Chili powder
- Marinade chicken with turmeric powder,chicli powder,yoghurt and 1tbsp chopped mint leaves for an hour.
- Make fine paste of coriander leaves,mint leaves,green chilies with vinegar/lemon juice.
- Heat oil in heavy botom pan.Saute onion and crushed whole spices in untill onion turns pink in colour.Mix in ginger garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add marinated chicken with all the juices in pan and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Now mix in half of coriander mint paste, salt and remaining powdered spices.
- Close the lid and let it cook on low flame for 15-20 minutes untill chicken is well cooked .
- Finally add remaining coriader-mint paste and cream.mix gently and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and leave it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with chapati or boiled rice.
# If you want some more gravy,just add 1/2 cup of water while cooking.
## You can remove seeds from chilies to reduce hotness.
### Some ground Garam Masala can be added to final dish to increase the aroma.