This is my mom's recipe which she use to make for us when we were kid...its really simple to prepare and anyone can hardly tell that its made from our boring bottle-guard (लौकी)
In north Bottle-guard is one of the main veggie in summer time..its really light for stomach but most of the kids don't like it because of its bland flavor..So this dessert is a nice way to make our family have it without even knowing the fact they are having there least favorite veggie !
Its got that soft n melt in your mouth texture that you will not be able to stop after having one piece !
2 Cup Bottle-guard(grated)
2 Cup Whole Milk
2-3 tbsp Sugar
2 Cardamom powder
2-3 tbsp Khoya
3-4 tbsp Crushed Dry fruits(optional)
- Place heavy bottom pan over heat with grated bottle-guard in it.Close the lid and let it cook on low flame for 5-8 minutes.
- Add milk simmer on low heat until all milk dried out.It will take 15-20 minutes.By this time bottle-guard will become all mushy and soft.
- Mix in sugar,khoya and dry fruits.Fry on high heat.Don't leave pan unattended otherwise it will stick in the bottom.
- When it get all dried up mix in ghee and cardamom powder.
- Transfer it on greased plate and spread evenly.
- Deep freeze it for 2-3 hour.Cut into squares and store in airtight container.
# Can be stored up to 1 week in fridge.
## Adjust sugar as per your taste-buds.
### You can decorate the pieces with dryfruit as i did.