I always remember those packets of small samosas in all bakery stores back in my childhood which dad use to buy for guests along with many other stuffs..that time i used to wonder what the hell is in these small nuggets which make them so tasty,full packed with flavors with just a hint of sweetness !
Finally after all these years,i decoded the spice mixture !! n surprisingly its just besan sev n raisins :P.
This snack is basically from Gujarat.Any kind of sev can be use in the filling.i added spices as per my taste buds..u can use lesser or more as per yours..just keep tasting while preparing. So,without further ado...here s my recipe for dry samosa :
2Cup All purpose Flour/Maida
1/2 Cup Oil/Ghee
1 Cup Besan Sev
1tsp Fennel Seeds
1tsp Chili powder
1/2tsp Cumin Seeds
1.5tsp Coriander Seeds
1.5tsp Powdered Sugar
1.5tsp Dry Mango Powder
1tsp Garam Masala
Salt to taste
1/2 Cup Cashew(chopped)
1/4 Cup Raisins(chopped)
1/4 Cup Pistachio(chopped) (optional)
Oil for deep frying
- Mix flour with oil and salt.Kneed the dough with oil water.Keep it cover with damp cloth for rest till preparing stuffing.
- Fry or dry roast dry fruits in a pan for a minutes.
- Heat oil/ghee in pan.Crackle cumin,fennel n coriander seeds.Add 3/4 of besan sev(crushed) and other spices.Mix well and fry for 1-2 minutes.Remove from heat.
- Transfer above mixture in grinder and make coarse powder.Now mix in powdered sugar and remaining sev and all dry fruits.Stuffing is ready.
- Divide dough in 20 small balls.Roll 1 at a time into oval shape.Cut from middle take one part and shape it as con and fill the center with filling and seal edge with the help of water.Repeat same with all remaining balls.
- Heat 250 ml (approx) oil in deep heavy bottom pan and put on lowest heat.Slip 5 samose at a time and fry till golden brown both side.It will take 6-7 minutes a side.
- Store in airtight container.
# While preparing samose,Cover dough and shaped samose with damp cloth.
## While adding salt in filling keep in mind that sev already contain salt.