2 Onions chopped
3 Tomatoes chopped
3-4 garlic clove chopped
1/2inch ginger chopped
2 Green chilies
1/2 cup shredded Cabbage,carrot
1/2 tsp red chilli
1/2tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
1/2tsp Garam masala
1.5 tbsp Oil
Some chilli flacks
Salt to taste
- In wide pan heat oil.Add onion and saute untill light brown now add ginger-garlic n saute for 1min.
- Now add shredded cabbage and carrot and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and all spices.close the lid and let it cook for 5-7minute on low flame.
- now make small 4 nests in mixture.crack egg in each nest.sprinkle some chilli flacks,salt and crushed pepper.
- Close the lid and let it cook for another 6-7 minutes.it will become solid white on top.
- Garnish with green coriander.serve with roti,paratha or as side dish.
#you can add other veggies like bell pepper,capsicum, broccoli etc..than u need to adjust spices accordingly.
##in traditional Shakshuka,some sugar also been used.