Remember Mac-Puffs from Mc-Donald's !!(yea yea 90% ppl love them)...I was planning to try them in my kitchen for a while now.So on my last time visit to home i made these for my patidev as evening snack..and u know what..he skipped the dinner that night !
It was almost same in taste like Mc-Puffs.(according to Pankaj,these were better).These can be made in advance and stored in fridge in closed lid container for few days.So,this make them perfect for evening parties (make in advance,just fry when u wanna serve)!
I used Onion,capsicum,corns,carrot,peas..but other veggies like beans,mushroom,broccoli etc can be used too.Using egg make the skin fluffier.It can be removed to make full veg version.I ll give try in baking them next time..
2 Cup All Purpose Flour
For Stuffing:3 Cup Mix Veggies(small cubes)
3/4 Cup Shredded Cheese(mixed is better)
1/4 tsp Baking soda
6 Cheese Slices
1/4tsp Black pepper
1/2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
Oil for deep fry
- Mix Flour with butter,salt and baking soda properly.Break egg in it and mix(if using).
- Knead to firm dough using cold water.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Mean while make the stuffing.
- Boil veggies for 3-4 minutes in water then drain and dry them.
- Now mix in cheese,salt,pepper powder,ketchup and keep aside.
- Now divide dough in 12 equal balls. Cut each cheese slice into half(u ll get 12 cheese slice)
- Roll each dough into thin chapati.First place 1cheese slice on one side of it than top it with 1tbsp of veggies mix.
- Spread few drops of water on edge.Fold press the edges using fork.Repeat same process for all 12 dough balls.
- Keep them in fridge for half an hour.
- Heat oil in heavy bottom pan.Fry 2-3 in one time for 3-4 minutes each side on medium heat.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
# I rolled dough balls in square shape.Round is ok !
## You can add more cheese is u like.
### I mixed cheddar,mozzarella in equal quantity.