1/2 lt Whole Milk
4 tbsp. Sugar
1tbsp cup Rice Flour
Dry Fruits (depending on preferance)
Seeds from 2-3 Small Cardamom Pods
- Soak ground rice in water for 30 minutes
- Bring milk to a boil and add the ground rice. Keep stirring to prevent burning and clumping.
- The rice should be cooked in about 20-25 minutes. Keep stirring gently during this time.
- When rice is done, add the sugar,ground/crushed nuts,cardamom powder and keep stirring.
- When the sugar dissolves completely,You're done cooking.
- Pour single portions in individual dessert bowls (earthen ones preferred) and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle some sliced/crushed nuts or kesar on top.Serve chilled after a few hours (best is overnight).
#Use nuts you like - almond, pistachio, cashew, etc.
## You can add rose water with sugar if you like.
###More milk you use, better it will taste. You can start with more milk and evaporate it a bit before adding the rice.
#### You can also add a little condensed milk to make it thicker, but reduce sugar accordingly.