That blogger is not active now a days..but i simply loved some of dishes.This Mutton recipe is one of them.
Its basically like bhuna gosht but there are some spices which make it totally different experience for your palate.
Note: This dish requires lot of Mustard Oil.Please don't try to be smart and reduce the quantity as it will give you mutton curry instead of fried !
P.S. Sorry for bad quality of snaps as as it was prepared for our last night dinner party and half was already gone before clicking..some how i managed to take few
1 Kg Mutton (prefer boneless)
1 tbsp Ginger paste
1 tbsp Garlic paste
4-5 Green Chilies
1/2 tsp Methi/Fenugeek Seeds
1 tsp Ajwain/Caraway Seeds
1.5 tsp Cumin
3 Black Cardamoms
3-4 Green Cardamoms
10 Black Pepper
3-4 Red Chilies
1' Cinnamom Stick
3 Bay Leaves
Pinch of Nutmeg
1/2 flower Mace
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Chili Powder
1tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala(optional)
2 Cup Mustard Oil
Salt to taste
1/2 Cup Green Coriander
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Chili powder
1 Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Mix properly oil with lemon juice than Marinade meat with that and other spice powders.Leave it for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in heavy bottom pan.Add all whole spices (other than methi and ajwain),Green chilies and chopped onions,Saute till onion turn pink and soft.
- Now, add Methi and Ajwain seeds.Fry for couple of seconds.
- Remove mutton from marination and discard the juice at botton.
- Add Mutton with onion and spices in pan.Fry on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Cook on medium heat for another 15-20 minutes with closed lid.By then your mutton will be almost done.
- Make runny paste of ginger-garlic paste by adding 1/2 cup water into it.
- make space in center of cooked meat pan.Pour the ginger garlic paste there and let it cook for couple of minutes.Now mix it properly with cooked meat.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- On high heat fry till all juice evaporate.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
# You can use pressure cooker to reduce time of cooking.
## Prefer small and bone less pieces for this dish.
### Some Lemon juice can be added while serving.