This chutney is must to be made in most of the North Indian Kitchen..As soon as raw mangoes starts coming in market..Mom will definitely buy some and prepare this...and if its our home,you can find this in our Fridge for whole summer.. its used to be my life saver in the season of lauki,taroi like boring veggies ..
Some people make it with only jaggery. but this make the colour of chutney very dark and also jaggery flavor become dominating over Mangoes.But its totally upto you,you can replace sugar with jaggery.
This recipe was prepared by my MIL on my last visit to home.I was stunned with the taste as it was totally same like my Moms lunji!(i thinks there are more similarity between both of them other than their names )
Anyway i loved it so taken some snaps right after i transferred the chutney in bowl ( this was my contribution in this very dish )
1/2 Kg Raw Mangoes
1/2 Cup Jaggery (grated)
1 Cup Sugar
2 Cup Water
1tsp Panchphoran(cumin,fenugeek.fennel,caraway,onion seeds-mix in equal amount)
1/2tsp Chili powder
1 Whole Red Chili
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
- Cut the mangoes in desired shape.
- Heat ghee in heavy bottom pan.Splutter panchphoran with whole red chili in it for seconds.
- Add mangoes and spices.Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add jaggery and sugar with water.Let it come to boil.
- Simmer and let it cook till mangoes pieces become bit mushy.
- Transfer it into bowl or airtight container.Store in fridge.
# Increase or reduce the amount of sugar as per your mangoes sweetness and your liking.
## You can keep or discard the seed part of mango.We love them so i used it.