Some days back i prepared savory oats now it time for some baking with them... Over internet i found some idea about cake with coconut topping...I changed many things in it and came up with my very own cake totally healthy as it contain oats,whole wheat flour,brown/white sugar,milk with no butter !
|A warm slice !|
The cake was really moist,light and crumbly..I made it very light sweet as glaze compensate the sweetness..But you can adjust the sweetness as per your buds.
3/4 Cup Oats(quick)
1 Cup Whole Wheat flour
1/2 Cup Sugar(white/brown)
1tsp Vanila essence
1tsp Baking powder
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Milk
For Coconut Glaze
2-3 Tbsp Roast coconut flacks
- Preheat the oven on 180'C.
- Mix oats and oil together in a bowl and add boiled milk in it.Let it rest for 10 minutes untill its cooled down.
- Add eggs,vanila essence in it and mix properly.
- Sift flour with baking powder and soda in another bowl.Mix them into oats mixture.
- Mix properly,you can add 1/4 cup water if batter is too thick.
- Line the baking dish with paper and transfer the batter into it.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.untill toothpick comes out clean from center.
- Meanwhile for glaze,heat butter on low heat in a pan.Add cream,sugar and milk,mix well and remove from heat.
- Now mix coconut flacks mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Let the cake rest for 5 minutes.Poke the top with toothpick.
- Now spread the coconut glaze all over the cake evenly.Let it cool down for 2 hours.
- Serve warm !
# If you want sweeter cake,use 3/4 cup of sugar.
## Its crumbly cake so,lining baking tray is must.also d mold only after cake get cool down.