Pankaj has brought a box full of preserved cherries some days back..and again m leaving home for quite sometime. :P I didn't want to make some fancy cake like black forest or something..but wanted to use all cherries.So,finally decided to try something new and here is my Choco -Cherry Cake !
It was very moist and dense chocolate cake. I also sprinkled some rum syrup over hot cake which made it even softer(which i loved it.) :P
1 Cup All purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Dark chocolate chunks
2tbsp Coco Powder
1/2 Cup Strong Coffee
1tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
1/8 tsp Salt
3/4 Cup Oil
1tsp Vanila Essence
- Take cherries with 2tbsp of sugar and half cup of water in a pan.Put on heat and let come to boil,simmer and let it cook for another 5 minutes.Let it cool down.
- Preheat oven on 180'C.
- Seive together flour,coco powder,salt,baking powder and soda in a bowl.
- Whisk together butter and suger untill light than add egg and whisk another 2-3 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate over hot water.Let it come on room temprature than mix it in egg-butter-sugar mixture.
- Now mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients properly.
- Mix in cherry sugar mixture,coffee and vanila essence.
- Transfer the batter in greesed 6inch pan.
- Bake it for around 30 minutes or untill skewer comes out clean from center.
- If you like you can spread some rum syrup* over hot cake.
# Cake batter must not be thin.Otherwise cherries will simply sink down to the bottom.
## For Rum syrup make sugar syrup of 2tbsp sugar and 2tbsp water than add 4-5 tbsp rum in it.