Even if i am not able to update my recipe here often,i try to click some pictures when ever i cook something new for my team.. This dish i cooked some days back in our dinner.just tried to make something different and actually green dish
The result was ultimate..i thoroughly loved it and gonna make it again n again n again.. !!Best part is its got green veggies with very less oil,which makes it healthy for us
So here is my Hara Murg/Green chicken...
1 Kg Chicken
1bowl Fenugreek/Methi leaves(finely chopped)
2 bowl Spinach/Palak Leaves
3tbsp Coriander leaves
4-5 Green Chilies
1 Onion(finely chopped)
1tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste(fresh)
1tsp Coriander Powder
1tsp Turmeric Powder
1tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2tsp Garam Masala
Salt to taste
- Boil Spinach in 1/2 Cup water. Make puree with green coriander,chilies.
- Heat oil in Heavy bottom pan.Saute cumin and onions for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for another 1 minutes.
- Add Chicken and fry on high heat till it gets white n brown.Mix in powdered spices(except salt) and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in chopped fenugreek leaves,close the lid and let it cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add half of spinach-coriander puree and salt.Close the lid again and let it cook for another 5 minutes(or till its tender)
- Add remaining puree and cook on high heat till you get gravy of desired consistency.
# You can use chopped spinach instead of puree..But puree gives a silky texture to gravy.
## DON'T puree Fenugreek leaves.
### Adding puree in batches will make gravy greener and thick.
#### Frying chicken on high heat will seal the moisture inside.