Kaju katli has always been one of the favorite and famous sweet in north India and you can always find it in our house specially during Rakhi festival as my brother only eat this sweet ! :P
This time i was totally out of time to buy sweet from market due to high load of work also it was tough to get pure kaju katli in Pune,where we live.So,i decided to make it at home..luckily i was having this recipe in my draft.
This sweet is surprisingly very easy to make ! Just getting sugar syrup right is bit crucial..it was exactly same like store brought.So,i strongly recommend to try this at-least once.
1 Cup Cashew/Kaju(at room temprature)
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Cardamom pods
- Make fine paste of cashew by grinding for 1 minutes.DON'T over grind otherwise it will become mushy..(If it happens dont worry much,u just have to use more strength while mixing it with sugar syrup).
- Heat sugar and water in nonstick pan and make 1string consistency syrup(very important).
- Add cashew paste and cardamom powder and keep stirring untill it become dough like consistency.Remove from heat and transfer this dough on flat surface/platform.
- As soon as its temprature comes down,start kneading it like dough.If dry add milk a little.
- Knead atleast for 5 minutes.
- Now take a greased surface and put the dough in center.Roll it like chapati into desired thickness and let it cool down completely.
- Cut in desired shape and store in dry place.
# Use milk only if dough is dry.
## Adding milk will reduce the shelf life of katli.
### Kneading the dough is very important to get smooth texture.