I was having a big jar of mixed fruit jam in my fridge for long long time...So,to get rid of that i came up with this...and it turned out just yumm !!! This recipe is for 6" pan.But i made 2small cakes from this.Also i made this with wheat flour(Atta) but you can make it with fine flour.
1cup Wheat Flour/ Fine flour
2tbsp Jam(your choice)
1tsp Baking powder
1/8tsp Baking soda
Few drops lemon juice
1tsp Coco powder
- Mix sugar,oil and egg until it become light and white colour.
- Add lemon juice in milk and mix this in above mixture.
- Sift flour,baking powder and baking soda together.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet mixture.
- Divide batter in two portions.
- In one portion add coco powder and in another coconut.
- In greased baking tin,first add 1tbsp of coco batter then 1/2tbsp of coconut batter.now slowly add 1tbsp of jam in center. again spread 1/2tbsp of coconut batter and finally spread 1tbsp of coco batter on top.
- Bake this for 20 minutes on 180'C.(or until toothpick comes our clean)
- Let it cool down for an hr.
- D-mold and serve with cream or ice-cream or they are good by there own !
# In my cake jam sinked in a bit because of bit thin batter.so don't make batter very thin,is you want jam exactly in center.