This one is very easy recipe,which i got from book of Dorie Greenspan...and gives totally different taste as cake..So if you are feeling bore by baking same flour cakes(like me..) than go for this.Its very dense and soft.You can make many variation in this too...Next time i am gonna try cardamom flavor instead of vanilla.In this i added chopped almond in original recipe.
1/8tsp Vanilla essence
Pinch of Salt
1tsp Lemon Juice(optional)
- Boil milk in heavy bottom pan.Add semolina and stir till it become thick.Remove from heat and add sugar.Keep aside to get cool.
- Meanwhile,In a pan add sugar,lemon juice and water.Put on high flame and caramelize it.Remove from heat and transfer in baking dish(8"),Sprinkle finely chopped Almond.Let it get set for 5minutes.
- Add lightly beaten egg,raisin and vanilla essence in semolina mixture and mix well.
- Transfer this mixture in baking dish over the set caramel.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on 350'F(180'C).Let it cool down for 5minutes than d mold carefully.
- Serve warm or cold.
# Keep an eye on cake after 15minutes while baking..Otherwise it will lost its white color.
## According to your taste you can reduce sugar in semolina as caramel will increase the sweetness finally.
### I have not added lemon juice in caramel.
#### You can add some nutmeg powder/cardamom powder for variation too.