1Kg Chicken(cut into 8-10 pieces)
1tsp Red chili powder
1tsp Turmeric powder
1tsp Coriander seed powder
3tbsp Coconut (dried and crushed)
4tbsp Sesame seeds(roasted)
2tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
3 Onions1.5tsp Cumin
1tsp Black pepper whole
1" Cinnamon stick
1 Black cardamom
4 Green cardamom1 Tomato (paste)
2 Green chilies
Salt to taste
- Marinade chicken with yogurt,chili powder,turmeric,milk,1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste,coconut and sesame seeds for 2 hours.
- Fry onion in the oil and take it out when its nicely brown.
- Add all ingredients into the oil except for tomato paste and green chilies. Fry them for a minute or two and then add the remaining two ingredients.
- When oil get separate, add only chicken from the marinade and stir-fry it until it releases some oil.(around 10 minutes)
- Add the marinade and let it cook.When it has dried up half way, add salt and fried onion (crush it with hand).
- Stir it on medium heat until the oil comes up.
- Garnish with green coriander and serve with roti or rice.
#Its semi dry dish.if you want gravy then just increase the quantity yogurt and milk and Adjust spices as per your taste buds.