This is the challenge in SNC contest as November challenge from Yashoda (South group) and i must admit it was totally worth !!! My first attempt was totally crap..My second attempt was worth all this effort,even though its not perfect one.I made them in bite size..
1 Cup Rice
1/2tsp White Sesame seeds
Oil for deep frying
- Soak rice in water for 2hrs.Drain and let it dry on paper for 1hr.(untill it gets 3/4 dry).Grind it into fine flour.
- In an heavy bottom pan add jaggery with water and let it come to boil.Strain it to remove impurities.Again put it on heat and let it boil till 1thread consistency.
- Now add rice flour,sesame seeds and cardamom powder and mix it till gets dough consistency.Keep aside this dough for some time.
- Heat oil in pan to deep fry.
- Take small ball size dough at a time.Place it in between greased plastic sheets.Spread it with rolling pin in 1/2inch thickness.
- Let it fry on medium heat till golden brown.Remove from heat and press in between paper to remove extra oil.
*1thread consistency:when we take a drop of jaggery juice and pour it in water, it should not dissolve rather we should be able to make a ball out of it. It should not be hard as well.
#1 thread consistency is very important otherwise dough will split in the oil while deep frying.
## If dough splits in oil.It can be because of more jaggery. So,just add some rice flour and try again.