Its a Shahi recipe which have many versions.traditionally it got very much rich flavor,but i tried bit lighter version..!! For any chicken lover its a MUST TRY !!
1 Chicken(cut in 8 pieces)
4 Whole red chilies
1tsp ginger garlic paste
1 Black cardamom
2 Green Cardamom
1tsp Cumin seeds
7-8 Black pepper
1.5tsp Turmeric powder
1.5tsp coriander powder
1tsp Chili powder
2tbsp green coriander leaves
- Marinade chicken with 2tbsp curd,ginger-garlic paste,1/2tsp chili powder,turmeric powder and coriander powder for 2hour atleast.
- Now deep fry the marinated chicken untill golden brown on medium heat.
- Make fine paste of ginger,garlic and all whole spices with 1/2 cup of water.
- Heat oil in deap heavy bottom pan.Add finely chopped onions and chilies.Saute till it become golden brown.
- Add masala paste with powder spices(turmeric,coriander,chili,salt) and cook on low flame untill oil comes on top.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and close the lid untill it get totally cooked.
- Now low the heat and add 1tbsp of curd and milk.Let it cook for 5minutes.
- Finally add fried chicken and mix well.Cook for another 5minutes on medium heat with closed lid.
- Garnish with green coriander and your chicken changezi is ready.
# You can roast the chicken inspite of frying.
## DON'T add curd and milk on high heat otherwise both will simply curdle.
### You can add 1tbsp of cashew paste and 1tbsp of cream in last for richer gravy.
#### You can add some boiled eggs and fried makhanas.