Its basically a Moroccan or Israeli dish in which egg poached in the tomato sauce..its really very easy but the end result is simply fantastic.We love this specially in winter season as there are lots of vegetables,we can use in it for texture.
I just given some twist in the recipe as per our palate..this recipe is enough for 3-4 person.
1/2kg Spinach leaves
1 Green chili
1/4tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp Black pepper(crushed)
1/2tsp chili flacks
Salt to taste
- Cut cauliflower in small chunks and boil in 1.5 cup of water for 2 minutes on medium heat.Drain and keep aside.
- Heat butter/butter in frying pan.Add finely chopped onion,cumin,ginger,garlic and saute till onion turns pink.
- Add cubed tomatoes and green chili.cook with closed lid for 2minutes.
- Now add finely chopped spinach,cauliflower and close the lid to let it steam for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Open the lid and season it with chili flacks,salt,black pepper.At this point there will alot of water in the pan(released from spinach),so fry on high heat till ALMOST* all moisture dried out.Now reduce the flame at lowest.
- Make first make surface flat than make 4 small nest over it with the help of spoon.
- Now carefully break one egg in each nest in such way that yolk sits on it.Sprinkle some salt and black pepper.Close the lid.Let it cook at lowest flame for 5-6 minutes.At this time egg white will be cooked but yolk will be half set.Now,Remove it from heat.
- Now if you are using cheese than just top the dish with it and close the lid for 5 minutes so that cheese will be nicely melted.Serve with bread of your choice.
* Atleast 2 tbsp moisture should be there at the time of placing egg.otherwise there will be chances of getting burnt.
# You can add some sweet corns,broccoli,carrots,mushrooms etc.
## if you want yolk to be fully cooked than increase the final cooking time to 10 minutes.