Just a Portion
1 Whole Chicken
12 Garlic pods
1 inch Ginger root
10-12 Black pepper
1/2 inch Cinnamon stick
1 tsp Chili flacks
1 tsp Oregano
3 tbsp Vinegar
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbsp dark Soya Sauce
Salt to taste
Oil for grilling
- Wash and dry with cloth the chicken properly.
- With a sharp knife or kitchen scissor carefully remove the backbone starting from neck towards bottom.(ribs will be cut easily, at lower part you will need some muscle)
- Place chicken on board skin side up,press with firm hand to flatten it.Make 2-3 slits on breast and thigh using knife.
- Make a coarse paste of all spices and sauce to prepare marinade.
- Rub the marinade properly on all over the chicken.Keep it in fridge for at least 3 hours to overnight.
- Heat the grill or pan on high heat than low the flame to medium ,brush some oil on it. Grill the chicken 10 minutes each side.Again increase the heat.Press the chicken with some heavy ladle(i used pav-bhaji mashing ladle) and grill further on high heat 4-5 minutes each side.it will give nice crispy skin.
- Serve hot with salad and lemon wedges.(i grilled the lemons too)
# Don't grill for too long,it will make chicken dry.
## You can also serve grilled veggies with it.
### Don't discard the backbone.use it to make chicken stock.