It first of feb an from morning i was waiting for the mail from SNC group to see what is coming for us as
challenge from South team.Its funny sometimes that there is so-so much vast collection of recipes we have in India .Its very well said," yahan har 20km pe pani aur 20mile pe bhasha badalti hai" (on every 20km water will change and on every 20 mile language !)
So here is another recipe which i came across just now through this challenge as Rice Dumplings in Coconut Sauce(Paal Kozukattai) by Tamilarasi .After a bit research i came to know that its a very famous desert from South India as well as of Thai cuisine.I just now prepared this and came out nicely..Specially i loved the coconut...sauce may be next time will try some coconut milk firni ! As i was making this first time.So just prepare in very small quantity(just one small bowl).now its already half gone into my tummy,remaining i somehow managed to store for Pankaj !(still m not sure he will get or not )
I used canned coconut milk so for boiling dumpling i mixed some with water.You can use second extract for boiling if going to use home made coconut milk.
Here is the Recipe:
(1 Bowl )
1/2 Cup Rice Flour
1.5 Cup Warm Water
1 Cup Coconut Milk(thick)
1 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Dry Coconut Flacks(optional)
- Knead soft dough of rice flour by using some warm water.Make pea size balls from it and spread on muslin cloth to get dry for around 1-2 hours.
- Boil remaining water with 1 tbsp of coconut milk.Add dried balls and don't stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Let them cook on medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Add coconut milk,sugar,cardamom powder and cook for another 2minutes.Remove from heat.
- Garnish with coconut flacks and serve warm or cold.(prefer cold)
# Rice must be supar fine(if u are planning to make it at home)
## Adjust sweetness as per your taste buds.
### You can add 1/2 cup milk to make heavier version.