I made this some days back on Sunday ..usually we use have bread jam as breakfast way back in childhood time..n we still love them.This time i just thought,why not make bread with jam stuffing !! then as a dare i decided to make braided one..
Right from the beginning,i was thinking of the appropriate name for this but as soon as i cut this freshly baked bread and melted red jam started oozing out,i got my name VAMPIRE'S BREAD !!
I used my usual bread recipe.While making this main thing to keep in mind is that bread dough must not be too thin while stuffing otherwise jam will ooze out while baking and will make it messy.(its ok if little bit crack comes while baking like mine ).
1.5 Cup All purpose flour
1 tsp Yeast
1 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Oil
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Cup Jam(i used mixed fruit)
2 tbsp milk or 1 egg white for brushing top
- Mix yeast in luke warm milk and leave it for 10 minutes.than add sugar and oil and mix well.
- Mix both flour and salt in a bowl,make a well in center.Add milk mixture and make a soft dough using greased hand.Leave the dough covered in kitchen for 1 hour.it will become double in size by this time.
- Divide the dough in 3 equal parts.Take one at a time,roll it into (1 inch thick) log shape.Spread 1.5 tbsp jam in center and seal the edges using some water.
- You will get 3 jam filled logs.Now stick their 1 edge together.then loosely braid them carefully and stick their another edge.(pictorial presentation is in below picture)
- Place it carefully on baking pan,brush the top with egg white or milk and bake for 20-10 minutes on 170'C.
- Let it cool down completely before cutting.
# I filled mixed fruit jam as its our favorite..you can use any of your choice..