Its kind of main regional dish of eastern UP and can get in almost every home as now an then winter meal.. Only sometime back this recipe got some recognition in outer area bcoz of media .I have seen some chef making this in cooking show but they bargained its authenticity to make it fancy restaurant dish.
Nimona is the basically a curry made by using coarse paste of pea as key flavoring as well as thickening agent..and all green makes its truly different experience for palate.It curry best compliment with simple rice.Some people also add baries or soya chunks too.So,feel free to add some if you like the taste of them.
1.5 Cup Pea
1 Cup cauliflower florets
1 Cup Potatoes(chopped)
4 Green garlic(with leaves)
2-3 Garlic pods
2 Spring Onions
4 Green Chilies
1/2tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Cumin
Salt to taste
1tsp Turmeric powder
- Make paste of onions,chilies,garlic,ginger,
cumin seeds and garam masala.
- Make rough paste of 1 cup fresh Pea
- Heat 1 tbsp oil on high heat.fry cauliflower and potatoes till edges get brown.Drain and remove the veggies from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan.Add spice paste with turmeric and salt.saute on medium heat till oil separates.
- Mix in tomato paste and fry another couple of minutes.
- Add pea paste and fry on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix in fried veggies and remaining pea.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring it to boil.
- Low the heat now and simmer till veggies are fully cooked and oil comes on top.
- Finally add green coriander ghee.
- Serve hot with rice.
# DON'T make fine paste of pea.it must be rough.
## You can add some red chili powder if you like.
### If you want to add some Bari,first fry them in some oil then add with other veggies.