I just got this name while hovering over facebook..That picture just stuck into my mind and the that you get get each pieces just pulling it out kinda excited me to make one ..I searched for the recipe and almost all were same using All purpose flour and brown sugar.But i don't know why i always run away from APF(all purpose flour) !
So finally i came up with my own recipe which i made after several adjustments and twisting from the recipes i got from internet...Its really easy (bit time consuming) to prepare considering its taste ! You can spread some cream icing over warm bread but i liked it without it..Its simply a sugary scented heaven kinda filling..
(1 Medium size loaf)
2Cup Wheat Flour(Atta)
1/2 Cup + 1tbsp Sugar(granual)
1tsp instant Yeast
1/4Cup Whole Milk
1tbsp Milk powder(optional)
1.5 tsp Cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder
1/4Cup+ 1tbsp Butter
- Soak yeast with 1tbsp sugar in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Heat milk with 1tbsp of butter untill butter just get melted.Let it come on room temperature than mix it with yeast mixture.
- Mix Flour with milk powder and salt in a bowl.Make a well in center and pour some of water milk liquid in it.Make rough dough by adding liquid gradually.
- Whisk the egg and add it in the dough and mix it using spatula.It will take some time to get incorporated with dough.Finally you will get a sticky dough.
- Using oily hand just keep it in a greased bowl and leave it with close lid for couple of hour.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in bowl and heat untill it turn into brown color.
- Mix together sugar,cinnamon powder and nutmeg in bowl.
- After 2 hour dough will be soft and not at all sticky.Knead it for few minutes.
- Roll it into thick square shape on floured surface.
- Brush the brunt butter on all over the top than sprinkle generous amount of sugar-cinnamon-nutmeg mixture over it. Cut it into equal square shape and pile it.
- Carefully arrange these squares vertically in square baking pan.You can sprinkle some sugar on top.
- Bake it for 40 minutes in preheated oven on 175'C.
- Let it rest for at least 2 hour before serving.
# You can serve this with some cream glaze using butter+cream+sugar.
## If your sugar granuals are bigger in size than just grind them for few seconds to break it into smaller one.