This dal is bit different to dal makhni as there is no beans or masoor dal added.Traditional recipe ask for alot of butter and cream also take alot of time.But i ditched the recipe to make it healthier. :) Below recipe is enough for 2-3 people.
1Cup Whole Urad Dal
2 Green chilies
2 Whole Red chilies
1 Black Cardamon
2 Green Cardamon
1Tsp Cumin seeds
1" Cinnamon stick
1/2tsp Garam masala
1tsp Kashmiri chili powder
Salt to taste
- Soak dal overnight.Boil it in 2cup water with curd,half of ginger garlic and garam masala powder till its tender.
- Boil tomatoes and onion.Peel tomato skin then make fine paste together.
- Make paste of remaining ginger garlic,whole spices other then whole red chilies.
- In Deep pan heat oil and butter together.Add ginger-garlic paste with powder spices and saute till oil separates at edges.
- Add tomato-onion paste and let it cook on low heat till oil comes on top.
- Mix boiled lentils in it and let it come to boil.
- Low the heat and add milk.Add 2Cup water and close the lid.Let it cook on lowest heat for 1hr.
- Finally add cream and honey.Serve hot with roti or rice.
# You can add some butter while serving if you like.
## You can double the cream and replace butter with butter,if you want to go for richer gravy.
### Honey is optional,but it good to add to reduce acidity.
Sent to event: