Necessity is mother of invention !! I was having carving for puffs from past few days..but here we don't get nice puffs !! So,finally no choice left then to make it at home.....For that pastry sheet is must !! i googled n got the idea for making it...So here is my pastry sheets recipe..
This pastry sheets can be used in any puffs,pie etc dishes.I am gonna upload many recipes using these sheets in near future.Actually its pretty easy but bit time consuming process.It can be made in large quantity and stored in freezer for around 3 months.
2Cup All purpose flour(Maida)
1Cup Cold Water
1.5Cup Butter(cold but not hard enough)
- Mix vinegar with ice cold water and keep aside.
- Sift flour with salt in a bowl.Add 1/2cup cold butter and rub it with hand until it resembles to breadcrumbs.
- Add vinegar-water mixture and make soft sticky dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and keep it in fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
- Roll the dough using some dry flour into thick rectangular shape.Spread the butter over on 2/3part of it.Fold it as picture shown below.Seal the edges with the help of fork.Again wrap tightly in plastic sheet and keep it in fridge until it get harden.
- Repeat the same process as above,i.e. roll>>fold>>>seal>>>freeze.Repeat this process 4times.
- Finally roll it in thick sheet.You can cut it in strip or just fold and wrap in plastic to store.
# DON'T knead the dough after mixing water.
## Use dry flour while rolling.Make sure butter doesn't come out while rolling.If it comes out little bit,just sprinkle some flour over it.
### Prefer to use next day after making these.Can be stored in freezer till 3months.
Upcoming Recipes made by this sheets:
Egg Puffs Chicken Pie