Well as of now all know about SVN series is going on in Divya's space...and am really enjoying it ! :) this month the challenge from South Team was given by Sherin as "Medu Vada".
But because of challenge i decided to make them...n now its going to be cooked in my kitchen now n then in future,as i loved it :P... May be in past i was madly in love with idli n dosa that these vadas got totally neglected...So,here's my apology to them ;)
Finally thanks Sherin for giving this as challenge !!! :)
I acompanied my vadas with Sambhar,which made a proper winter lunch for me !! Just some of them sent in lunch for pankaj... hope he will like it !
(for 8-10 vadas)
1Cup Urad Dal
Salt to taste
Oil for Deep frying
- Soak dal over night.
- Mix dal with chopped onion,chilies,ginger.
- Make a fine paste in grinder with adding as less water as possible.
- Keep it for rest for 30minutes around.
- Heat oil in deep pan.When its hot,turn the heat on medium.
- Wet your both hands with plenty of water.Take 1tbsp of batter make a round patty then poke it the centre with wet finger to make hole in it.
- Carefully slip the vada in oil though side of pan.
- Fry untill both side turns golden brown in color.
- Serve hot with Sambhar,Rasam,Coconut chutney or you can serve them as dahi vada too !!
# Its very important to add very less water while grinding otherwise it will be very runny to hold the shape.If the batter become runny you can add some semolina or bread crumbs.
## Its recommend to make them when you are ready to serve..as it will get soggy once get cool.
### Keep dipping your hand in water while shaping vadas.It will help you while slipping in oil too.
#### If you feel that vadas are coming out bit hard,just add pinch of baking soda.
##### You can add chopped onion and chilies instead of grinding with dal if you like.