According to me,One of the best way to enjoy winter is to indulge yourself with some hot soup while sitting under blanket !!So,here is one of my creation,'Spicy Tomato Soup'..its rich in flavors yet healthy option.You can add some couple of veggies too,if you healthier version !
1/4tsp Grated Ginger
5-6 Black pepper
1/2tsp Garam Masala powder
1/2" Cinnamon stick
4 Cup Stock/Water
- Heat butter/ghee in heavy bottom pan.Add julianed onion,ginger and all whole spices.Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and carrot(if using) and all ground spices.Saute for another minute.
- Pour water and honey.Close the lid and let it simmer on low flame for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Sieve the soup in another pan.
- Dissolve cornflour in 2 tbsp of water and add into the sieved soup.
- Put on heat again and let it cook on medium heat for another 4-5 minutes.
- Serve hot with some fried bread cubes and dollop of butter on top.
# Keep removing the foam forms on top of the soup while boiling in last with the help of spoon.
## You can make it in advance.Just keep the sieved soup in fridge.Add cornflour and bring it to boil just before the time of serving.
### Adjust the consistency of soup by adding or removing cornflour as per your liking.
### Prefer stock as it gives better flavors,if its unavailable then use water.