If you Google,u will get only Chinese style orange chicken recipe...but i was not in mode to have fried chicken in dinner...So,decided to do some experiments and thankfully results were awsome !! :D
Marination in orange juice gives a sweet-tangy flavor to whole dish and peel makes it so aromatic..Surely gonna make them again n again..
So,here is my another chicken dish.....
1tsp ginger-garlic paste
1tsp Turmeric powder
1tsp Coriander powder
1tsp Chili powder
3 Whole dried Red chilies
2tsp Garam Masala
Salt to taste
2tbsp Green coriander leaves
- Marinade the chicken with 1/2tsp chili powder,1tsp of ginger-garlic paste,1orange juice and peel for an hour.
- Heat oil in heavy bottom pan.Saute chopped onion with whole dried chilies till it turns brown at edges.Now add finely chopped ginger-garlic and saute for 2minutes.
- Remove and discard orange peel from the marinade.Add only chicken pieces in the pan.(don't discard the marinade juices)
- Fry on high heat for 5minutes.then add powdered spices and salt.Fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add another orange juice,vineger,ketchup,marinade juice,mix well and close the lid.Let it simmer for 20minutes or untill its cooked.
- Finally add coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.
# Don't forget to remove orange peel from marinade otherwise it will make whole dish bitter in taste.
This recipe earned :