In U.P. we call it patties :) n can get it at any bakery shops ! I personally like egg puffs more then veg one :P..its simpler to make too..just you need couple of ingredients...you can add some veggies too if you like but i prefer just onions in it..
1Sheet Puff pastry sheets
2 Boiled eggs
1 Onion (medium)
1/2tsp Ginger garlic (paste/crushed)
1/2tsp Garam masala
1/4tsp Red chilly powder
1 Egg white
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in the pan & fry ginger-garlic paste.Add the onions, salt & fry well.
- Add the chilly powder, garam masala powder.
- Finally add the eggs(halfed) & mix gently.Remove from heat,let it to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 180'C.
- Cut square shapes out of the pastry sheet (approximately 3 inches each side).
- Place the masala with 1/2 egg in the center of the squared sheet.fold the corners of the sheet to cover the egg masala.
- Brush the egg white on top of the puff pastries.
- Place the puff pastries & bake it for 20 - 30 minutes or till the top layer becomes golden brown in color.
# It important the filling to be completely cool before filling it in,otherwise butter of pastry sheet will melt down and will be tough to handle.