For the fruit topping:
1 tablespoons butter
3tbsp cup brown sugar
2-3 cups green grapes, sliced in half
For the cake:
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup milk
- Preheat the over to 350. Grease a 5-inch pie pan.
- Combine cake ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth batter is formed and put aside.
- Prepare grape slices.On the stove, heat the butter and brown sugar for the caramel in a saute pan until bubbling and combined, and pour over the fruit in the pie dish.
- Cover with batter and bake between 30-45 minutes.(make sure cake tester comes out clean).
- To serve,carefully place a serving plate on top of the pie pan, carefully flip the pan right-side down, so the serving dish is supporting the cake. Place gently on a counter, and using a spatula, gently disrobe the cake from the pie pan.
- njoy !