This is mixed version of all Biryani,as i was running out of time on last Sunday for lunch..I prepared rice in Lucknowi style but chicken in Hyderabadi style..mixing and layering in south Indian style..Taste was too good..Just try it as its a much simple than authentic recipe.
1tsp Whole Garam Masala
1tsp Chilli powder
1tsp Coriander powder
1/2tsp Garam Masala Powder(optional)
3-4 Bay Leaves
2 Whole Dried red Chili(optional)
7-8 Kari Leaves(optional)
2-3 Green Chili (chopped)
Salt to taste
1.5 Basmati Rice
1/2 tsp Whole Garam Masala
1/4tsp Yellow food Colour
Pinch of Kesar
- Soak rise in some water for 1/2 an hr.
- Mix Warm Milk,ghee,food color and Kesar and keep aside.
- Marinade chicken in curd and all powder spices.
- In heavy bottom pan heat oil.Add whole bay-leaves,garam masala and stir than add onion-ginger-garlic paste.Cook on low flame till it start sticking at bottom.
- Add marinated chicken.Close the lid and let it cook on low heat till its cooked.
- Meanwhile in deep pan cook rice with whole garam masala and oil with 4cup of water.Make sure rice must not fully cooked.as soon as it almost done just drain and keep aside.
- In deep pan heat 1/2tbsp oil and add green chilies,red chilies,Kari leaves,Onion and saute till onion become nearly brown.Now add cooked chicken and mix well.Spread rice over it.Finally spread milk-kesar-ghee mixture over it.Tightly close the lid and let it cook on lowest flame for 6-7 minutes.
- Garnish with Green coriander and Serve hot.
# you can add 1-2 boiled egg while serving.