I made this first time...It was bit different method,and the result was just perfect ! ... Usually fried chicken become so dry because it takes around 1/2hr to get fully cooked in oil but this one was very crispy from outside yet juicy and soft from inside.The secret of this is steaming!! Yes ! I steamed the marinated chicken first then fried on very hot oil !
1 Whole chicken
1tsp Ginger- Garlic paste
1tsp Kashmiri Chili powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1 Lemon juice
- Clean and dry the whole chicken.Make slits on breast and on joints.
- Make paste of all spices,lemon juice and ginger-garlic paste.Rub this properly on chicken.Tie the legs tightly and keep in fridge for minimum 1/2hr.
- Steam it on medium heat for around 1/2 hr.Take out and let it cool little bit.
- Heat Oil in deep n wide pan.When it become very hot than slowly put steamed chicken in it.(oil will splutter,so be cautious)Just fry it till get golden color(arround 3-4 minutes each side).
- Take out and let it cool for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice and serve hot.
# In steaming water add 1black cardamom and few cloves.it will give nice aroma to the bird.
## I used chicken of 750gm,bigger the bird more time it will take to fully cook in steam.