U can call it Diet cake too..as it contains very less fat,sugar and no fine flour(maida).Yes ! I made this with whole wheat flour.I added grated coconut in original recipe,thus you will get a very dense yet soft cake !
3 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
2 tbsp chocolate paste
1 cups flour / whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp corn flour
1/4 tbsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp milk powder
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup thick coconut milk
1 tbsp oil/butter
1 tbsp expresso coffee
1/2 cup Sugar
5-7 crushed cashews/Almonds
2tbsp Coconut (grated)
- Preheat oven at 180°C exactly 10 mins before baking. Grease the pan with oil/butter. Place a butter paper Or parchment paper at the bottom.
- Sift flour, corn flour, salt, milk powder,baking powder. Keep it aside.
- Take thick coconut milk in a wok and place on low heat for about 3-4 mins.
- Now mix coffee, cocoa powder, chocolate paste. Stir well until all blends nicely. Keep this mixture aside.
- In the meanwhile cream oil / butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until all combines well.
- Add coffee-cocoa-coconut milk mixture. Now beat this mixture for 3 to 4 mins on medium speed.
- Mix dry with wet ingredients. Fold the mixture nicely.Lastly add crushed nuts,grated coconut, vanilla essence.
- Bake at 180°C for about 40 to 45 mins Or until it starts leaving the edges of pan Or until skewer comes out clean.Allow the cake to cool.
- Chill in the fridge. Serve chilled on a platter with a dollop of icecream.
#Just ensure the coco-coffee-coconut milk mixture should not be warm else your egg will start cooking.
##You can reserve about 3 tbsp mixture for the cake icing from coco-coffee-coconut milk mixture