I was planning to prepare this from the day i have seen the snap of the dish.It is basically Parsi dish.Salli means crispy potatoes and Boti means mutton.Original recipe contains jaggery(1tsp) but i removed this while making as my family don't like anything sweet when it comes to mutton or chicken.It was really tasty and easy to make dish !
500gm Mutton (cut to cube size pieces)
3 Potatoes (peeled and cut to thin straws)
½ tsp Turmeric powder
½ tsp red Chili powder
1tsp Garam masala
2-3 Bay leaves
3 Green chilies(chopped)
1 tbsp Vinegar
I tsp ginger garlic paste
Salt to taste
2 cups water.
For garnishing: chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Once it is hot, saute onions until golden brown in colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste, red chili powder and turmeric powder,garam masala. Mix well and stir for three to four minutes.
- Add the mutton cubes and cook till the meat gets light brown in colour.
- Now add water, green chilies, salt, and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Cook on low heat for 40minutes and add ghee and vinegar to it.Boti is ready.
- Deep fry potatoe-straws till it become crispy.this crispy straws are known as Salli.
- Place Boti in serving bowl and garnish with green coriander.Top it with Salli and serve hot with Roti.
#if you are using jaggery than add with ghee in Boti.