I tried this first time..It was simply yumm but at the same time very heavy for tummy,So I recommend this for winter season or for small dinner party !!
Chicken-1 1/2 inch pieces,500 grams
1/4Cup Split Bengal gram (chana dal), soaked-1/2 cup
1/4Cup Split green gram skinless (dhuli moong dal)+Red lentils split(masoor dal)
1tsp Turmeric powder
1tsp Red chili powder(optional)
1tsp Coriander powder
3 Green cardamom
2 Black cardamom
2 inch Cinnamon
3-4 Bay leaves
1tsp Ginger paste
1tsp Garlic paste
2-3 Green chillies(chopped)
6-7 Fresh mint leaves(hand torn)
2tbsp Fresh coriander leaves
2tbsp Pure ghee
1tbsp Tamarind pulp/Lemon juice
1tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp Garam masala
- Mix and boil all dals in one cups of water along with one pinch of turmeric powder and salt, cook until soft. Set aside.
- Blend whole spices with ginger garlic paste and make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaves and saute for moment. Add onions and sauté until golden.now Add ginger-garlic-spice paste and saute for 2-3minutes.
- Add chicken pieces, increase heat and saute for two to three minutes. Reduce heat, add coriander powder, remaining turmeric powder and green chilies. Sauté for five minutes. Add salt.
- Add two cups of water and increase heat. Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Add cooked dals and cook for five minutes until the dal is completely mashed.
- In a separate pan heat ghee. Add cumin seeds, garlic, curry leaves, garam masala and saute on medium heat for few seconds than add tamarind puld/lemon juice. Add this tempering to the dalcha and cook together for three to four minutes. Serve hot garnished with mint leaves and coriander leaves.